Wednesday, September 4, 2013

www.dfwvaporcom - e-cig mod review -- SMOKTECH e-pipe mod

Hey everyone! I finally picked up a new mod! (long time coming)

I picked up SMOKTECH's e-pipe mod from DFWvapor! I was hesitant at first, as I was completely unfamiliar with mechanical mods. I have never owned one before, so I was not quite sure what to expect. However, with it being small and compact, I was pretty excited about it since I have only been using my SMOKTECH Vmax.
 
Here's a few key notes on this mod:

1) chrome plated brass
2) 510 universal threading


3) 18350 powered (single battery)


4) Battery air hole in bottom cap

5) 3.7 volt output (fixed)

The "fire" button is located at the top (thumbside).



I had a few extra 18350 batteries laying around ( I use a VMAX, so I have spares) so I tossed one in and fired it up. (NOTE: I recommend that you use only flat top 18350 batteries for safety because I've found the button tops may cause constant output.)

I would also make a personal note here as well.... I wear ALOT of rings, be cautious of where your rings are (if you wear any) when you hit that button. I've arc'd the battery through my rings and gotten quite a nasty little burn from the battery venting!
(It is simply a direct metal contact button to the battery)

That is my ONLY negative view on this little mod!

I am surprised by the ease of using mechanicals, no buttons or menus makes vaping a breeze. It is a very easy to use mod, and looks great! Also the mod being pocket-sized makes traveling with it painless.

I have asked a friend of mine who uses nothing BUT mechanicals, and found out the output with a fully charged 18350 IMR battery is right about 3.7 volts.

With that in mind, I started experimenting with different tanks. A carto tank with a 2.0 ohm carto does not vape very well, as I am unsure exactly of the amperage output. The best results I have found is using a EVOD BCC tank with a 1.8 coil head and a 510 - Ego adapter.


I get a great vapor production and this little mod packs quite the punch for it's size!

Having been a pipe smoker in the past, this was my obvious choice for my first mechanical mod.
At $50 it is relatively inexpensive, and would make a great gift for dad or someone you know who enjoys pipes!

http://www.dfwvapor.com

~remain calm & vape on my friends!
 

3 comments:

  1. If you are just getting started, joyetech penguin is definitely the best choice. Besides kanger k-pin has absolutely amazing flavors, produces lots of vapor, has a great battery, is extremely convenient to use. Shipping is fast and vapesourcing customer service is friendly. Nothing bad to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tesla Punk 85w Mod is a mini version of Tesla Punk 220w. Powered by 18650 and up to 85w...what's your opinions on the series of Punk?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commentators here! bigbox mini 80w

    ReplyDelete